I’m breaking down Omaha by neighborhood by sharing all things boozy and delicious! Below you will find my favorite neighborhood staples, which, lets face it, mostly consists of my favorite eats and drinks! There are also a few landmarks in each neighborhood aside from food, but in all honesty… its mostly just food. And I’m okay with that! Here’s to hoping that you eat, drink, and enjoy your time in Omaha!
The Old Market is Omaha’s downtown scene. Bars, restaurants, and cute boutiques line the cobblestone streets of the Old Market. It’s a diverse neighborhood with lots to offer and definitely worth checking out.
- Henry Doorly Zoo & Aquarium – The biggest zoo in the world! Don’t miss out.
- TD Ameritrade Park – Baseball stadium where the College World Series is held every June.
- California Tacos & More – As featured on the Food Network! Head here for life changing tacos!
- Tiki Bar – A tad bit cheesy; but a great “beachy” get-away right here in Omaha! Head here for drinks!
- Nosh – Late night nachos anyone? Or better yet… almond champagne? This is where I experienced life changing charcuterie AND almond champagne all in one sitting. Needless to say… it made a lasting impression on me.
- LOCAL Beer, Patio, and Kitchen – Have a hankerin for greasy food? LOCAL has you covered!
- Block 16 – Gourmet street food! Need I say more?
- Jams Grill & Bar – The biggest and best salads in all of Omaha!
The Blackstone District is a newer and lively Omaha neighborhood for young professionals looking to have a good time.
- Coneflower Creamery – Handmade ice cream!? Coneflower Creamery has you covered. My personal favorite is the salted caramel with hot fudge… enough said!
- Farnam House Brewing Company – Flight time!
- Corkscrew Wine & Cheese – This little wine destination is the second of its kind. I mean if you’re successful enough to open a second restaurant then it has to be good… right? Order the salmon bruschetta… you won’t regret it.
- Nite Owl – A retro 70’s themed bar known for their delicious burgers, and my personal favorite… their crab rangoons!
Benson neighborhood is trendy and laid back; filled with people looking to drink good beer and… drink more good beer!
- Krug Park – Bloody Mary’s and beer on tap for days!
- The Waiting Room – Live music venue featuring bands from all genres.
- 1912 – If you’re like me and a sucker for a good rooftop… head here! It is the only rooftop I know of in all of Omaha! If anyone knows differently, let me know! I will test it out ASAP.
- Full House – Are your vocal cords warmed up? That’s right… a good ol’ karaoke bar.
- Lot 2 – The epitome of a great “date night” spot. A semi-fancy restaurant that won’t break the bank!
- Mantra – Bottomless mimosas Saturday and Sunday. Yes please!
When it comes to Dundee… I am most definitely biased! Dundee is my favorite neighborhood in all of Omaha! Not only are all of my favorite restaurants all on one street, but also the neighborhood itself has an old time charm that I absolutely love.
- Mark’s – Not only am I a sucker for a good rooftop, but I am also a sucker for a GREAT patio. And trust me, Mark’s has you covered! It has been voted Omaha’s best patio time and time again. Along with Omaha’s best mac and cheese.
- Dario’s – A French lover’s dream. Not only does Dario’s do the best French food, they also apparently have the best burger in Omaha! See for yourself!
- Amsterdam Falafel & Kabob – European street food anyone?
- eCreamery – You might be familiar with this ice cream shop because of the enormous amount of publicity it has gotten from Sir Paul McCartney and Warren Buffet visiting! They like it, I like it, I’m sure you will too.
- Cork and Bottle – Best known for their Moscow Mules. Cork and Bottle is a little hole in the wall bar packed with TONS of charm.
- Pitch Pizzeria – If you are a big fan of specialty pizzas… head here! Run. Don’t walk. All time favorite specialty pizza place in Omaha. There is also one in West Omaha, but the Dundee location is the original. And therefore, my favorite.
- Avoli Osteria – The best Italian in Omaha.
West Omaha… my stomping grounds. West Omaha is where I grew up and by far the place I am most familiar with. However, if you are young and single I would definitely recommend visiting other parts of Omaha. West Omaha is great, but it is a little bit too “suburban” for my liking.
- Village Pointe – The best outdoor shopping and dining area in Omaha.
- Baby Blue – Come for the sushi, stay for the “Bluetini”.
- Kona – Now I realize that this is a chain. But guys… this is my all time favorite restaurant! I can’t believe that I am admitting that a chain restaurant is my all time favorite restaurant! I might have lost some credibility, but I am okay with that. Also, I truly think that Omaha does Kona better. I’ve been to multiple Kona’s around the US, and the one in Omaha has a better set-up and atmosphere in my opinion. See for yourself!
- Mama’s Pizza – Looking for regular, classic pizza? Mama’s has you covered. Order with a side of onion rings and ranch dressing… you won’t be disappointed.
That wraps up my favorite places in Omaha! As always, I am open to suggestions and always wanting to try new things! Let me know if there is any place that I missed or have to try!