If you follow my blog, you know by now that I LOVE wine. I like to drink it, I like to talk about it, I like to buy it, I like to look at it. You get the picture. If you don’t follow my blog… start… but now you know that I love wine! So it makes sense that while I was living in Santa Barbara, CA, one of my favorite things to do was skip town and travel North to the vineyards in Los Olivos. Los Olivos is located in the Santa Ynez Valley and their motto is: “Where every weekend is wine-fest”! How could you not love this place?! Not only do they have beautiful vineyards with gorgeous tasting rooms overlooking them, but the scenery is amazing. Below you will find my very favorite vineyards… enjoy!
*Side note: Most tastings end around 5pm so plan accordingly.
- Artiste is the only tasting room that was downtown and did not have their own vineyard associated with it. I loved the vibe of this place and would definitely recommend checking it out! Plus they have murals available if you like to paint.
- I loved Bridlewood for the enormous size of their tasting room. They had an incredible outdoor area with a lake overlooking the hills and vineyards. And they also have a beautiful rooftop with views for miles.
- Roblar had less of an outside thing going for them, but I loved the inside. Think charming cottage complete with a fireplace.
- Rusack is a winery tucked away in the rolling hills of the Santa Ynez Valley – amazing views!
- Like most of the other vineyards in Los Olivos, I liked Sunstone because of the great indoor atmosphere, as well as outdoors. There are tons of picnic tables set out to enjoy the beautiful scenery… you can’t go wrong!
- I liked Vincent because it was different than the rest. It sits on tons of land, but you feel very secluded. Instead of overlooking the valley for miles, you’re tucked right up in the grapes.